- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is an optimist about economic growth in the coming decades, rejecting "depressing" views about a slowdown to put his faith in collaborative innovation driven by a jackpot culture for inventors.
Recent Money News
- Keeping clients on track during one-on-one strategy sessions is often a tricky balancing act. It requires planners to acknowledge the deep emotions that are usually attached to the financial lives of their clients. At the same time, advisers must keep the discussion from straying too far from the careful decision-making that goes into every financial plan.
WARSAW - Poland has turned its back on policies that once made it Europe's growth leader and is flirting with the recession that it alone among its emerging European Union peers has evaded through years of crisis.
BOSTON - When the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, starts rolling out in October, it will overhaul how Americans get healthcare coverage. Yet many workers will feel little immediate impact.
CHICAGO - It used to be easy to abide by the old Wall Street nugget that you should pull out of the market in spring and come back in the fall.
NEW YORK - The decision by prosecutors to compel Steven A. Cohen to testify before a federal grand jury about allegations of insider trading at his $15 billion hedge fund is leaving many criminal defense lawyers scratching their heads.
Following the flood of tax changes that were enacted as part of the fiscal cliff deal at the beginning of 2013, some formerly resolute do-it-yourselfers are giving up their calculators and turning to professional tax preparers for help with their returns. Full Article
Reuters Money Tweets
- Volunteering: Priceless Experience for Free, Learn New Skills ...
- Mortgage Rates - Does Refinancing Home Make Sense - Low Interest ...
- Mortgage Crisis - AARP Studies Foreclosure Rate Impact on Older ...
- Debt Collection - 4 Controversial New Tactics to Get Your Money ...
- How to Protect Yourself From the Grandparent Scam - AARP